United Nations Association @ Michigan State University
UNA MSU aims to inform, mobilize, and inspire the MSU community about global issues alongside UNA USA.
Are you passionate about global issues?
We want to provide the necessary tools and resources to allow you to do something about it.
So, join us TODAY!
Follow us @una_msu
The Visualize Collection
As the entire world is in a fast growing process, information power would be increasingly important than any time before. Thus, we, the UNA-MSU, would like to provide the visual databases collection service for all citizens would like to participate in the United Nations. Click on the button on the right, you can go to the all-new database we have for the necessary visualized data.
Join the Congressional Peacekeeping Caucus
- "UN peacekeeping currently constitutes the largest deployed military force in the world, with more than 120,000 personnel serving on 16 missions."
- "Through our robust military might and generous humanitarian aid, the U.S. is a force for opportunity and stability in an often troubled world. The responsibility for responding to global crises, however, should not be borne by the American taxpayer alone. Increasingly, UN peacekeeping is being chosen by the United States and other UN member states to respond to instability and conflict."
- CLICK ON THIS LINK: http://genun.unausa.org/peacekeeping_caucus, Sign your info, and you will become one part of the voice to urge the Congress to do more for supporting the UN peacekeeping projects.
- On January 27th, 2017, President Donald Trump signs executive order banning refugees from entering the United States.
- On October 22nd, 2016, we hosted One Humanity, Shared Responsibility Forum and Gala. Other organizations on Michigan State campus were also present, and we discussed and celebrated humanitarian change and culture.
- On June 11, 2016, UNAMSU members are heading to Washington D.C. for the UNA-USA 2016 Leadership Summitt.
- The general topic of April, 2016 is ENVIRONMENT
- Today, March 8th, 2016, is the International Women's Day. It is not just a day for women, but a celebration for the gender equality of all human beings. #OneDayIWill
- We, UNAMSU, would wish all members and all Spartans to have a good spring break, see you all at March 15th GA meeting!
- Today (March 03, 2016) is World Wildlife Day
- Due to the extreme weather we are facing tonight (Mar. 01, 2016) in East Lansing, MI, the weekly GA meeting is rescheduled to March 15. The topic is going to be New York Trip debrief. We hope to see new people there. For tonight, we hope everyone would stay warm and be safe.
- Today (March 1, 2016) is the Zero Discrimination Day
- Today (February 18, 2016) UNAMSU members leaving for United Nations Members' Day event, in New York, NY.
- Today (February 13) is World Radio Day
- Lansing Refugee Development Center hosted Refugee Development Talk on Feb 10, 2016
- Today (February 6, 2016) is the first International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation. #EndFGM
- February 4 is the World Cancer day, please check out the following website: http://www.worldcancerday.org/
- Members of the executive council attended the UNAUSA Annual Meeting in Washington DC June 5-9, 2015
- As of June 4, 2015 UNA-MSU is a registered student organization at Michigan State University
*We have more news information about both UN and UNAMSU on NEWS page. To access those news, you can simply go to the NEWS page.